COOK CROCS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHOIR
Mr. Zachary Kanter, Music Specialist and Choir Director
- The Cook Croc Choir is a performing group that will present several performances during the school year.
- Choir membership is open to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade boys and girls by audition.
- Choir rehearsals are held once each week, on Tuesday mornings, from 7:00am - 7:30am.
- Continued Choir membership depends on:
- Excellent school attendance
- Appropriate classroom behavior
- Acceptable classroom work
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Students will be introduced to choral music in a variety of styles from different musical time periods.
- Students will be led in organized practice, or rehearsal, each week.
- Students will learn the style, melody, and words of each song being taught.
- Students will be able to present these songs (as a group) from memory in the form of concert performances.
- Successful performance is the result of consistent rehearsal attendance; therefore eligibility for participation in any choir performance is based on the student's rehearsal attendance record.
- In order to participate in performances, Choir members must attend a minimum of 75% of the rehearsals that are held. (In other words, 3 out of 4 rehearsals, on average.)
- The onle way to attend a rehearsal IS to attend the rehearsal. There is no way to "make-up" a missed rehearsal; therefore there are NO escused absences!
- As with any performing group, consistency of personnel is one of the keys to success. The expectation is that all choir members will commit to excellence and will demonstrate their commitment throughout the entire school year.
Congratulations to those honored with joining the Cook Croc Choir during this school year!